Our brand new Newmar Dutch Star had the following problems, which took months to fix:
- The passenger seat had a spring poking out of it (this was noticed pre-purchase and the salesman assured us it was a simple seat replacement. It ended up taking 2 months because Newmar refused to replace the seat)
- Both the mid and aft floor heat switches randomly turn off after being on a short time (sometimes as short as 30 seconds)
- The Oasis burner turns on and off constantly, forever. The burner starts up, runs for 1 second, and then shuts off. 5-10 seconds later it repeats this…over and over until I turn the burner switch off.
- The rear, drivers side leveler jack left a large puddle of hydraulic fluid when I last retracted it
- The USB port in the dash is not working
- The fresh water hose has developed blisters between the inner and outer layers and now leaks
- The passenger sofa bottom fell off when putting the slide out and will not reattach
- Windshield wiper fluid does not dispense when the button on the steering wheel is pressed
- When playing DVD audio through the AV receiver (for surround sound), the sound cuts out
- The sun shade on the passenger window no longer retracts
- The night shade on the drivers window is coming down askew and sliding towards the front of the coach. It used to come down straight, but now, when unrolling, it ends up 3-4 inches away from where it started.
- The front leveler jacks sound horrible when extending. Having owned this same system in another coach, this sound doesn’t seem normal.
- The kitchen faucet is overly loose
Right after buying this unit, we took this coach on a two week trip. It then sat at the dealership for over 2 months! We then took it on a one month trip. Problems on the list still were not fixed so it went back to the dealer for almost another month. So the unit spent 3 of the first 5 months at the shop. Good thing we’re not full time?!? We understand it takes time to get parts & fix things, but the most shocking problem is the lack of awareness by the dealer that this is unacceptable service. They literally do not care that customers might actually want to use their RV’s. We have never experienced these issues with our Freightliner/Cummins chassis shops, only the Tiffin and Newmar sides.